Unless you're into the whole scene, it can be hard to meet other lesbians. That's why a lot of us lesbians turn to social networking sites. Gaydargirls is the favourite, it's been running for years, and there are a few newer sites such as Lezza and Gaygirlnet. They all differ slightly, but generally you have a profile with pictures, and you chat to other girls.
Unfortunately though, a picture or two doesn't give you a moving, 3D view of that person, and no matter how much you chat to someone, there's always plenty of things they can hide from their keyboard, so you never get the whole picture of their personality or mannerisms. I have quite a vivid imagination though, and when I picture the person I tend to fill in the gaps that I don't know about them. Most of the time I imagine them how I want them to be, so I end up crushing on someone I've half made up! Most of them I end up losing contact with before meeting them. Sometimes this makes me sad, and then I'm like, "Get over yourself, you didn't even know that person!" Other times I do eventually meet the person, and I have to start from scratch at getting to know them as they were never how I imagined.
So why oh why can't I just chat online to a girl without developing a crush on her? I've currently got 4 internet crushes... I NEED TO GET OUT MORE!
No comments:
Post a Comment