Tuesday, 11 May 2010

Consequences of loneliness

So, while I love where I'm living, I hate the fact that I don't really know anyone.  All I ever seem to see around town are middle aged lesbian couples.  I get so lonely at times.  Now I feel like I'm getting too attached to my friend from work and it's ruining our friendship...

He stayed over on my boat about a month ago.  We had so much fun, I made a nice meal, we had a lot to drink, then spent the next day wandering around the area.  I really enjoyed his company though.  He was supposed to be coming over again soon after, but due to problems at work he's hardly getting any days off, and he does have a girlfriend that he doesn't see very often, so unfortunately I have to wait.  I really miss him being there though.  I see him at work, but we can't be as close.  We cuddled each other all night.  It felt great being so close to someone, and it's really pissing me off that he hasn't been able to come over again yet.  I'm coming across as clingy, I get moody and jealous when he doesn't reply to my texts straight away.  He keeps reminding me that we're not married.  I know we're not, and I don't think I ever could have a relationship with him.  Apart from the obvious reason that he's a man, I just don't think we'd be compatible.  Our personalities are too similar, he drinks too much and he puts work before everything.  But as I've got no one else, I'm expecting him to be everyone to me.  I sometimes wonder if I do have feelings for him, and I sometimes think I do.  Surely it's not normal to miss someone so much; to crave their cuddles; to get upset when they don't text back.  But then I realise that I'd love the attention, the affection from anyone.

I met his girlfriend today.  She introduced herself to me while she was waiting for him to finish work.  She's really sweet, and he said she liked me.  I wouldn't say I felt jealous of her with him, but I suppose I am envious of her having someone.  I'd love to have her as a friend too though, and he's told her what it's like where I live and she wants to come over and was asking me when I'm off work.  But part of me doesn't want her with him when he comes over, because it means I can't get so close to him and I fear I'll just feel lonely again if the two of them are together.

Why does everything have to be so confusing?

No comments:

Post a Comment